One in eight women will have breast cancer and the VA understands how startling that number can be. The VA has your back when it comes to assessing your risk, including the Supporting Expanded Review for Veterans in Combat Environment (SERVICE) Act.
Breast cancer support and resources available through VA include:
- Breast cancer screening (including mammograms, ultrasounds, and MRI)
- Breast biopsy and surgery
- Cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Full-service oncology (the study and treatment of tumors)
- Connection to clinical trials
- Mental health care