midcitiesmed Mid-Cities Medical
Apply your knowledge and skills to improve the health and quality of life of our veteran patients and their caregivers.
Oxygen Technician/Delivery Driver
Job requirements are subject to change and the above is not an all-inclusive list of possible functions. Skills are not necessarily listed in order of importance.
Patient Service Technician/Delivery Driver operates under direction of the Manager/lead driver and is responsible for delivery, setup, and maintenance of home medical equipment with some general warehouse duties.
Mid-Cities is looking for a self-motivated, energetic, detail oriented and caring individual who will perform oxygen equipment deliveries, provide equipment services, and ensure patients have a solid understanding of equipment operating instructions. The successful candidate will also ensure that patients are comfortable with the safe and effective use of their medical equipment.
Successful Candidate Duties Include:
- Technician is responsible for in home delivery, setup and maintenance of all products and equipment. Deliveries are to be made according to a pre-arranged appointment schedule and will be made in a timely manner, maintaining respect for the patient’s valuable time.
- Technician is responsible for assigned evening and weekend rotating on call duty according to established on call schedules.
- Technician is responsible for instructing patients on proper use and care of equipment and must maintain high level of product knowledge on all oxygen and Durable Medical Equipment.
- Technician is responsible for seeing that all paperwork/orders relevant to the position is thoroughly completed, and without errors daily.
- Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical and mechanical condition of his/her assigned company vehicle by scheduling maintenance and repairs with the fleet manager.
- Trucks/vans are to be kept clean and organized inside and out. Company vehicles are to be serviced regularly and daily logs maintained and kept in the vehicle.
- Technician is also responsible for some equipment repairs and equipment assembly.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of relevant Oxygen & DME experience is Preferred
- Good communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record in the state in which you reside
- Employment is contingent upon a drug screening test and background investigation.
- Ability to work with patients with various disabilities and perform equipment & safety training
- Delivers, sets up and maintains equipment at the delivery address
- Educates the patient and/or caregiver on the safe use and maintenance of the delivered items
- Completes all necessary delivery forms and paperwork including invoices, work orders, manifests, and logs
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of current products and services offered by the company and all applicable governmental regulations
- Delivers equipment and oxygen as required in accordance with industry standards and applicable federal, state, and local governmental regulations
Mid-Cities Medical is a Texas-based Service-disabled Veteran Owned Small Business specializing in servicing the in-home DME needs of Veterans throughout the United States. We believe in providing world-class customer service to our Veteran patients and their caregivers. After 25 years of providing quality equipment and World Class service, our business is growing, and we need a highly motivated regional manager to assume a hands-on leadership role in providing our Veteran patients and their caregivers with honor, respect, and compassion in the spirit of their Military Service.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com