midcitiesmed Mid-Cities Medical
Apply your knowledge and skills to improve the health and quality of life of our veteran patients and their caregivers.
Respiratory Care Manager:
Job requirements are subject to change and the above is not an all-inclusive list of possible functions. Skills are not necessarily listed in order of importance.
The respiratory care needs of our Veteran patients do not always end when they leave the hospital. Many will have respiratory deficiencies that continue for weeks, months, and even years. That is where you can make a difference. In your role as a Respiratory Care Manager for Mid-Cities Medical, you will apply the knowledge and skills that you have gained throughout your career to improve the health and quality of life of our veteran patients and their caregivers. Does your current role offer the career opportunities you want? Are you looking for challenging work and opportunities for advancement? We will work with you to develop a plan that ensures your success and growth within our organization.
- Ensures Mid-Cities Medical’s mission to provide world-class care and customer service to our veteran patients and their caregivers.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all job duties and tasks required to successfully perform the VISN 22 Performance of Work Statement and can perform all duties as needed including but not limited to, the setup of oxygen and medical equipment, patient instruction, troubleshooting, routing, customer service, and administrative tasks. Responsible for the direct oversight of the setup and monthly maintenance of all ventilator patients in the Greater Phoenix area.
- Responsible for the direct oversight of staff assigned to branch location.
- Responsible for assigned evening and weekend rotating on-call duty.
- Works directly with the Fleet manager to ensure all company vehicles are cared for and maintained appropriately.
- Responsible for maintaining the physical and mechanical condition of his/her assigned company vehicle.
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction to clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Responsible for coordinating oxygen and ventilator equipment and services provided to patients in the assigned region, including continued management of ventilator patients in both areas.
- Works closely with HR and leadership to vet, hire, and onboard new team members.
- Responsible for clinical and non-clinical staff training, education, and performance development.
- Assist in developing strategies and implementing plans to standardize and improve all aspects of branch operations.
- Responsible for assisting the billing department with obtaining necessary documentation during billing cycles.
- Responsible for maintaining operational compliance with Joint Commission standards and VISN 22 Performance of Work Statement for the Phoenix branch location.
- Oversee and manage the facility building, equipment therein, supplies, and inventory according to Joint Commission standards and as required by the VISN 22 performance of work statement.
- Responsible for working with branch staff and the intake department to comply with reporting requirements outlined in the VISN 22 PWS.
- Works directly with the purchasing manager to maintain adequate equipment and inventory supply levels for the Tucson and Phoenix branch locations.
- Responsible for initiation, oversight, and implementation of Mid-Cities Medical’s emergency response during natural disasters and emergency events for the Phoenix branch location.
- Responsible for meeting branch performance goals for the Phoenix branch location as outlined by the Operations and Respiratory management team.
- Demonstrates awareness of the company’s revenue margins through decisions and actions to maximize profits.
- Manages staff scheduling and payroll expenses to minimize waste and maximize branch profits.
- Act as a liaison between the VA customer and Mid-Cities Medical leadership.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be service oriented with a desire to serve others.
- Experience with Brightree Electronic Record Management System is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills will be critical in your ability to be successful in this role
- Use of basic office equipment and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications is required
- Must Demonstrate and maintain a working knowledge of current products and services provided by Mid Cities Medical including oxygen therapy modalities, aerosol therapy, suction, noninvasive ventilation, and invasive ventilation.
- Active listening, verbal, and electronic communication skills are required.
- Must maintain good work habits, adhere to dress code, and arrive to work on time
- Emotional intelligence and the ability to build good working relationships with people at all levels is required.
- Ensures safety goals and objectives are met within the branch operational environment and in the field.
Education and Training:
- Preferred: 5 years of experience in DME.
- Current Driver’s License in the state of employment.
- Respiratory Care Practitioner license in the state of Arizona (Respiratory Care Manager).
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred or an equivalent history of work-related experience in healthcare management or business management.
- Bilingual Preferred
- Position may require the use of personnel protective equipment (PPE) in the event of contact with patients and or equipment with the potential of exposure to contagious pathogens.
- Must frequently lift/push/pull up to 70 lbs.
- Must be comfortable driving and working in varying weather conditions.
Mid-Cities Medical is a Texas-based Service-disabled Veteran Owned Small Business specializing in servicing the in-home DME needs of Veterans throughout the United States. We believe in providing world-class customer service to our Veteran patients and their caregivers. After 25 years of providing quality equipment and World Class service, our business is growing, and we need a highly motivated regional manager to assume a hands-on leadership role in providing our Veteran patients and their caregivers with honor, respect, and compassion in the spirit of their Military Service.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com