Salary: $30-$32 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location
Hiring Insights: Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Full Job Description
Mid-Cities Medical is a Texas-based Service-disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business specializing in servicing the in-home DME needs of Veterans throughout the United States. We believe in providing World Class Customer service to our Veteran patients and their caregivers. After 25 years of providing quality equipment and World Class service, our business is growing, and we need a highly energetic and motivated Respiratory Therapy Manager to assume a hands-on leadership role to help us serve our Veteran patients and their caregivers with honor, respect, and compassion in the spirit of their Military Service.
The respiratory care needs of our Veteran patients do not always end when they leave the hospital. Many will have respiratory deficiencies that continue for weeks, months, and even years. That is where you can make a difference. In your role as a Respiratory Therapy Manager for Mid-Cities Medical, you will apply the knowledge and skills that you have gained throughout your career in a new and exciting way.
- Does your current role offer the career opportunities you want?
- Are you looking for challenging work and meaningful advancement?
- Your contributions will be valued, and we will work with you to develop a plan that ensures your success and growth within our organization.
If you enjoy being an RT, are self-motivated, and possess a desire to help others, we want to hear from you.
- This position is responsible for assisting in the integration and coordination of services and identifying quality improvement initiatives for respiratory services, as well as other departments, to create an environment that is patient-oriented, ensures positive outcomes, and provides excellent customer service
- Develop and apply policies and procedures that comply with Mid-Cities Medical’s company policies, Joint Commission Standards, and VA Patient Safety guidelines
- Select, orient, train, assign, schedule, and oversee the career development of direct reports
- Act as liaison with VA customers, performing patient audits to evaluate adherence to contract standards and the quality of care received
- Evaluate, setup, educate patients and direct reports on the use and maintenance of CPAP/Bi-Level, Oxygen, and Ventilator equipment
- Maintain database of direct report’s certifications, licensing, and continuing education
- Maintain adequate inventory and supplies at all branch locations
- Provides clinical guidance to staff at branch locations regarding Respiratory services, DME equipment, and troubleshooting of patient equipment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be service-oriented with a desire to help people
- Excellent time management skills will be critical in your ability to be successful in this role
- Use of basic office equipment and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications is required
- Must demonstrate and maintain a working knowledge of current products and services provided by Mid-Cities Medical, including oxygen therapy modalities, tracheostomy care and supplies, aerosol therapy, suction, noninvasive ventilation, and invasive ventilation
- Active listening, verbal and electronic communication skills are required
- Must maintain good work habits, adhere to dress code, and arrive to work on time
- The ability to build good working relationships with people at all levels is needed
Education and Skills:
- Minimum: 5 years of experience as a Respiratory Therapist
- Minimum: 2 years of experience in a leadership role as a Respiratory Therapist
- Preferred: 2 years of experience in DME
- Completion of an accredited program with a degree in Respiratory Therapy
- RRT credentialed by the National Board of Respiratory Care
- Licensed RRT in the state of practice
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association
- Current Driver’s License in the state of employment
- Continuing education credits
- Employee assistance program
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off