Every year, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) predicts what to expect for the upcoming hurricane season. Whether the prediction is for a mild or active, the time to be prepared and be ready is now.
Do not try to prepare for a hurricane or any emergency when it happens or as an afterthought. Do it now!
Planning to protect the people and things you love as we enter hurricane season is essential, and there are ways you can prepare and mitigate damage to your home and remain safe during the storm:
- Find out if you live in a hurricane evacuation zone.
- Locate the nearest shelter if you need to leave your home.
- Review/update insurance policies.
- Build or replenish your emergency kit with hurricane supplies.
- Plan to protect your home.
- Create, be familiar and test your family plan.
- Stay informed with the latest local and national information.